recipe from The Healthy Maven
Total Time: 60 minutes
Makes: 20 cookies
2 1/2 cups almond meal
2 T coconut flour
2 T cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar + 1/4 cup ground coconut palm sugar for rolling*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, melted (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1 tsp peppermint extract
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, coconut oil, chocolate chips and pepper extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge for one hour (or overnight) or freezer for 20 minutes. Dough should harden. Do not skip.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball between palms.
- Roll each ball in 1/4 cup of ground coconut palm sugar to coat.
- Place balls on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on tray for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Do not try to remove before 10 minutes as they will be too soft.
- Dust with any leftover ground coconut palm sugar for a more "snowball" like effect.
- Will keep for several days in an airtight container on your countertop.